Friday, June 1, 2012

{cinnamon blueberry rice crisp granola}

I have a new granola recipe for you today. 
It's pretty darn delicious! 
& is  egg/wheat/gluten/oat/soy/dairy & nut free! 
{See why, Here.}
{Cinnamon Blueberry Rice crisp granola}
{Original recipe found here}
6 c. gluten-free rice cereal
1 c. gluten free flour blend
1 c. unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. golden flax seeds
2 T. cinnamon
1 c. frozen blue berries {small berries}
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. water
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla

What to do:
.:Preheat oven to 250 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet {or cover with parchment paper}.
.:Combine cereal, flour, coconut, flax seeds, frozen blueberries & cinnamon in a large bowl. 
.:In a small bowl, mix together honey, oil, water & vanilla, then pour over dry ingredients
.:Stir until well combined and spread onto cookie sheet. 
.:Bake for 1/2 hour, remove from oven and stir, then bake another 1/2 hour. 
.:Store in a covered container.
.: Enjoy with your favorite milk/milk substitute/yogurt
.:smile!

I LOVE this recipe sooo much! I dont know why i never thought of making granola without oats.

I'm enjoying this new way of eating.
& giuliana is feeling lots better! 
Shes a totally different baby. She is sleeping better, & is extremely happy throught out the day. 
Her face is almost completely cleared up & shes not itchy anymore.
 yay! Its good to see her "not allergic" to my milk. 
&& I feel better too! I didnt even know i was "sick"
I didnt  realize how tired i was, & how irratable & bloated my tummy has been for so long. 
My eczema on my arms & back is clearing up too.
Its crazy

I will be posting more "Gluten/wheat/egg/dairy/soy/nut free" {see why here}  recipes as we find ones that we really like.
Feel free to leave any recipes that you may have!! 
& let me know if you try this recipe!

happy friday!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! G's face looks amazing...It's 100% better! and to hear that your feeling better motivates me to at least go dairy free to start, because I know that dairy hurts my stomach...I mean bad...but I can't let go of those milky lattes or huge bowls of ice cream! But it could help my little guy, he spits up a lot and has had skin problems off and on on his little head...I think our babes are close to the same age....My guy is 7 months! How old is G?
    would love to see more recipes!

    www.thehazelstreetdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! G is 24 weeks {growing way too fast!} Your little guy is so cute :)
      growing up i couldnt have dairy or eggs, {Along with LOTS of other things} so i was very observant early on with her, watching her reactions to my intake of milk & eggs {which wasnt very much, because i still have issues with eggs & dairy, jsut not as bad as when i was a kiddo}. At about 4/6 weeks, it became very obvious that eggs & milk wer NOT ok. {She was gassy, fussy, & spitting up, LOTS}
      As her skin got progressively worse, i couldnt figure out what was going on!
      We asked her dr if any other food could be causing her skin to get worse, & he said no, not many things go through your milk.... he was soooo wrong!
      The minute i cut out all those other things, she cleared up! It was like a miracle!
      Also, after we figured out the oat allergy, we took a second look at all the "eczema safe" products we were using on her, & guess what? they ALL contained OATS!!!
      so we were just making it worse!
      Now we use eucerin on her skin, & she's doing great!

      Also, she is sleeping so much better! 6-8 hours at a time {which has NEVER happened before} I think its because shes not so itchy & her tummy isnt upset.

      I recommend giving it a try. It takes about 2 weeks to get dairy out of your system. We've started buying Coconut milk icecream & coconut milk yogurt & coconut milk/rice milk to drink. theyre all really yummy! I know some coffee shops here offer rice or almond milk. & most places have soy as an option?

      Good luck!!

      Delete