Friday, November 18, 2011

{DIY Burlap Letter}

I'm gonna warn you guys, the next few days there are going to be LOTS of DIY posts. I have been going a little crazy lately, trying to finish up all of the little projects i have planned for Giulianas sweet little room! As you know, a lot of the things in her room are handmade, & i am trying to keep it that way! {Wall art, mobile, Doily lamp.. & more to come} 
Every Time i go to Anthropologie, i see those adorable fabric letters that they sell, & i want them! but they are so expensive! & they never have a "g". So i decided i would just make my own version :)

{DIY Burlap Letter}
You will need:
A cardboard letter
Burlap 
A marker
Twine
Hot glue gun
Glue sticks
Trace your cardboard letter onto the burlap twice.
Cut out your letters.
Using your glue gun, glue one of the letters to the front.
Do the same on the back.
Your burlap should cover the entire surface of the letter once glued on. 
Using your twine, begin to wrap your letter, gluing it down as you go. 
Keep going!! wrap it nice & tight so that your twine lines up nicely.
Fill the entire width of the letter, covering every inch of the Cardboard letter. 
& you're done!! 
Put it on display :) 
We put it on the shelf we made over Giuliana's changing table, Along with the chalk board we made {tutorial soon!} & some little special trinkets :) 

This project took me about 20 minutes. It was super easy!
Happy Friday :) 

8 comments:

  1. That turned out beautifully! Lil' G is going to be showered in so much love. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! And the shelf looks great! Looking forward to reading the future DIY posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Ashley.... ADORABLE! You need to rub some of that crafty DIY Awesomeness on to me! LOL
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jessa :) dont worry, the minute you give me baby news, we WILL begin crafting!!! no questions asked!!! we will be quite the duo :) & your little one will be drowned with all the fun things we will make :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- you have made so much for her room! I wish I had taken as much time to make cute things for my son's room. haha. His room isn't even technically finished yet. Oh well ha!

    Bekah
    If Work Permits

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I want to make some! I've used those exact letters but I modpodged paper on it :) I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a plan Ashley! I think I have officially caught the craft bug from you and plan one doing some crafts for the house to make it more of a home! You even got me to sign up for pinterest as well... Cant wait to get together and do crafty things... or just hang out in general! Was Fantastic seeing you two yesterday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. L.O.V.E it! Going to do this craft with my girls soon! Newest follower! :)

    xoxo,
    Clydia
    threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete