Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Choosing the right Diaper wet bag}

I have been looking at different supplies i will need to have since we are going the clothe diapering route. One thing we will be needing is a Diaper wet bag. I have been researching alot of different types & brands & the brand "Planet Wise" keeps popping up. It seems to be a good reliable brand. I am also looking at the different wet bags that Fuzzibunz has... so many options!

In case you dont know what a wet bag is, i'll explain it. First of all, a wet bag looks something like this:



A wet bag stores ur soiled clothe diapers until you are able to get them home, clean them out & put them in the washer. They zip up nice & tight & are lined with a leak resistant lining. So they really are quite handy. Amazon has quite a few different brands & styles, & with our amazon prime account we get free shipping, so, im planning on purchasing one through amazon.  :) {Do you love amazon prime as much as i do?? or am i just crazy?} 

Do you know any other brands of "wet bags" that i should be looking into before i make my final decision & purchase? please let me know! I am open to your input & advice :) 


10 comments:

  1. Ashley....this, in my VAST baby experience, is what I would use. You obviously have thought of this more than me! :) http://bit.ly/ojGly4

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that exact wetbag. i've heard from cloth diapering friends that planet wise makes the best ones. they supposedly are the least smelly, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my wet bag that I got, it's from Monkey Foot Designs - visit their website http://monkeyfootdesigns.com/catalog.php?category=28 or their etsy site http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeyfootdesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley!
    Here is a link to a family I follow on youtube and they clothe diaper also! Here is a video about her clothe diapers and wet bags and what she thinks! http://youtu.be/dsUMfTl-QEA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your link on Facebook. Love this blog! My two cents: Try something other than Planet Wise. I got a planet wise wet bag when I had Matt and it was good for a month or two (washing about once a week and line drying) until the waterproof lining started to wear down. Now if we put a particularly wet diaper in it, it tends to leak through. I'd be interested to see if other brands work better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yasmine, Thank you for the link! I will definately be looking into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy, Great minds think alike i guess :) Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jamie, Thanks for your input! It's nice to hear some advice from someone with experience :) Hope little matt is doing well!! xo

    ReplyDelete